What will it cost???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at having my old boiler (that British Gas will not touch) taken out along with the hot water tank and having a combi boiler fitted. BG are paying me a visit next week to give me a quote. As a ball park figure what should I be expected to pay for a boiler to heat 9 small rads and the labour charges.??

Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
If you're keeping the same rads and having a BG badged combi including a powerflush the BG man wil come in at about £2500

My mate has just had the same work done through a Corgi registered plumber for half the cost. I was not expecting to pay that much so I guess I will have to see what he says.

Thanks

Around Wolverhampton you can get a brand new boiler and 7 radiators fitted for around £1800 - £2000.
I suggest you look in your local paper for deals such as these :)

Sponsored Links
beware these deals arnt always what they seem, they advertise in our papers aswell (norfolk) central heating fitted 2100 heres the bit (subject to survey) :evil:

Yep We've got them for for £1450 round w.mids but don't expect high quality components, tailored fitting, trv's, guarantees and do expect back to back rads and no say in the installation. You get what you pay for. I'm giving you a ball park BG figure but without seeing the property, knowing your area or any details take it as very rough

For that price, you will most likely not get a cold and hot flush, system inhibited, installation to Benchmark specification or the benchmark logbook completed. I aminly carry out boiler repairs and service. In my travels I see many such system which are thrown in with no regard to maker's specifications

I would ask for a written spec. A boiler change with a power flush comes to more than what you are getting the whole system installed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back