what wood oil should i use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just finished sanding my parquet floor and i have decided to go with oil rather than varnish.I find the varnish a bit heavy, anyway have been advised to use osmo hardwax oil but someone else has said i can use WOCA Wood Floor Oil at half the price,would anyone tell me if this is ok.Thanks Joe.

Sponsored Links
The only wax I would recommend for floors is a varnish wax you can get from homebase it about £40 for 2.5L but it gives a nice finish. I done a floor for a friend of mine a few years back french pine, They put bee's wax on the floor and with in a year the floor was black with dirt. I spent about 12 hours belt sanding the floor back to wood (never again).

If I was doing it for myself I would either oil or use the Varnish wax.

As far as oils go there are a few around try checking out a few DIY stores or Builder/decorators suppliers and ask the assistant behind the counter thats the guy that looks like he knows something. LOL.
:cool:

Varnish Wax is still varnish, but with a waxed effect as end-result.

We recommend HardWaxOil, easy to apply, available in various colours and in natural. Brings out the character of the floor and small damages to the floor later can be repaired locally instead of having to sand the whole floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back