Mahogany Parquet Oil content

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After many months of cleaning and weeks of laying, with constant referral to this site, my reclaimed mahogany parquet is now at the stage where I can sand and start looking into finishes. I have read that the very dark Mahogany, as I have laid, has a very high oil content so needs other kinds of finishing. I was assuming I could use something like Osmo Hardwax oil as I am not after a varnish look to the floor, would this be suitable or do high oil content woods require different kinds of finishes?

Sponsored Links
Tropical oils are indeed more oily and HardWaxOil can cause a very patchy result.
since recently we are using a different oil for tropical woods - only need one layer and you finish with a maintenance product for the wear and tear layer - all done in just half a day!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back