Q: Oil finished Bamboo flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am thinking of splashing out on some nice wood flooring.

Choice was to dark stain and oil (Hardwax oil) the pine flooring under the carpets (expecting lots of wedging, gap filling and sanding, professionally). OR, lay some natural OILED bamboo.

A few people, like WOODYOULIKE seem to think oiled wood might have a longer life under heavy use and cope better with roughness, than varnishes stuff (have I got that wrong?)

I have a very active, large dog but I really would like wood floors too.

I hear natural, solid bamboo is strong, so might be more resilient than pine or oak, and made even more capable of dealing with rough use, because the stuff I am looking at is oiled with something called WOCA?

Hope this makes sense, it is late and I need my sleep.

Regards
Udhi

Sponsored Links
WoCa = WoodCare (Denmark, formerly knonw as TripTrap)

Good brand in our opinion.
Bamboo is tough, so tough really that it does seem to scratch easier - especially with large dogs etc, but an oil finish will indeed reduce the noticeable effect of scratches. (Plus can be treated locally versus lacquered floor that need to be sanded completely when one area is damaged)

Thank you! I will have a look at some samples....maybe teach pooch to wear a pair of socks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back