what would you call

B

breezer

i am trying to think of a "proper" name for what i am about to (atempt) to describe

short, narrow tube with an external flange at one end, the flange does have a hole.

or try this (electricians / plumbers)

"coupler", with large washer at one end, but washer is secured by a bush

i am trying to make something, and i want to "get some of these off the shelf" but using a coupler, washer etc, is not good enough

i may end up doing a drawing and getting them made, size of these is not (yet) that important so any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
Large gas pipes and fittings (like those of a size to pipe gas into a large industrial shed) are a pipe with a flange at the end, which has drilled holes all around its circumference to allow bolting to the next section.

We have some at work which are around 4" diameter (pipe diameter).

I would imagine that they are REALLY expensive though.

EDIT: just realised you said a NARROW pipe :oops:

Sponsored Links
Made out of what? For what purpose?
I began to think medical plumbing - the kind of plug'n play plastic stuff you see in Intensive Care (or on ER) - but that's probably way off target for your project.

Why not draw a pic and put it on here??????????

I know a thingimijig or a whatyamacallit or a fukinfing

hows about this ?
a_DPE9602502.png

short, narrow tube with an external flange at one end, the flange does have a hole.

or try this (electricians / plumbers)

"coupler", with large washer at one end, but washer is secured by a bush

So let me get this right :rolleyes:

Short , narrow tube, external flange coupling with a hole and a washer at the other end with a bush on it.

Thats a perfect description of the ex, you obviously must have met her!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

breezer said:
i am trying to make something,
If you don't mind telling us what you're trying to make, maybe we can come up we a name.

Try a tank coupler with it's nut and washers removed. The outside will be threaded. Does this matter?

If the smallest tank coupler is too big try a blind rivet with its central part taken out - or would that be too small?

I can remember making something out of quarter inch copper tube once. I splayed the end out with a tapered punch then bashed it down flat to form a flange. (I remember being pleasantly surprized that the copper didn't split at all.) Is this a fair description of what you need or am I on the wrong track altogether.

why not try the yellow pages, or the manufacturer of it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back