What would you expect to pay to scaffold a detached 4-bed house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get full scaffold to have my large detached 4-bedroom, 2-storey house painted including a cage on one tall chimney stack for some repairs. I believe it's 3 lifts/levels to the eaves and quite a bit higher for the gable ends. Here's a photo of the rear, scaffold to include the main (rectangular) building and the tall rear extension but not other parts.

I initially got a quote early in the year for a bit under a grand which seemed pretty cheap considering we paid £450 just to have scaffold on one gable end to repair the other chimney stack last year. I'm trying to chase these guys up to confirm but in the meantime have got two other quotes which came in at £3200 and £4500.

I have no real basis for comparison what I would expect to pay so would appreciate any thoughts. Just ballparks... the main house is about 10x10m and the extension maybe 8x3m.

upload_2022-5-13_15-32-45-png.269619

Sponsored Links
hmmm,
I can only advise on my recent scaff which is 3 sided 4m across 8m back for side extension - I've paid £360 per lift having 3 lifts so £1080 total.
Yours looks a bit complex so maybe its in the right price range? I'm in Nottingham for reference as area may affect price.

I suspect you have missed the boat at a grand!
I have to assume they mis-quoted not realising the job. It was actually more like £700 and their current quote is £2400 (+VAT). This is still cheaper than the other two (5 grand!) so I think I just had no idea what scaffolding costs. But I also hadn't realised it's 1-2 days each to erect/remove with a team of several guys.

Got to make the most of it while it's up now :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back