What's a simple way to add waste to under sink?

Hmm. So have both fresh supply and recirc. Use the fresh supply when the reservoir is low, and the recirc when the reservoir is high.

Or even, irrigation is only ever from the reservoir. But have a secondary filling system that adds a bit to the reservoir when it gets too low. Definitely graceful.

The recirc pump will temporarily lower the reservoir level when it's actually in operation pumping the water to the top of the wall (this will only happen a couple of times a day). So I'll have to think about how to ensure the refilling doesn't get confused and fill at those times because that will lead to the reservoir overflowing as the water slowly trickles down the wall.

If my refilling supply is teed off from my mains 15mm copper pipe under the sink, is there a valve that can be controlled by a float switch? I guess some sort of electronic valve? (As I write this, it's starting to feel complicated :eek:)

Sponsored Links
Have a reservoir at the top with a float switch in, and a pump at the bottom with a float switch. Make the reservoir at the top twice the size of the reservoir at the bottom, and set the float switch halfway up the top reservoir. Connect the incoming water supply to the float switch. When there is no water in the reservoir, the reservoir fills up from the incoming supply. When the pump starts pumping water from the bottom to the top, it will fill up the reservoir at the top and cut off the incoming supply. As the reservoir at the top can contain the normal fresh supply and the volume of the reservoir at the bottom, no risk of it overflowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back