Whats best practice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an SWA cable glanded off into a FCU.

I've got one core of the (3core) SWA, the earth from the banjo and the earth from the PVC cable.

Would you bring all three to the lug in the (metal, surfacemount) backbox and then a fly lead from the lug to the faceplate, or would you do it the other way round?

Sponsored Links
Personally I take them to the faceplate and wouldn't bother with a fly lead to the back box as it is already earthed via the swa.(I assume you have a flylead from the banjo)

All 3 into the faceplate terminal which is mechanically conected to the faceplate. Backbox is connected via the banjo so no extra flylead required.

(you do have a flylead from the banjo don't you?)

Makes sense to me, yep, got a flylead bolted through the banjo via a ring terminal.

Sponsored Links
I've seen you mention the earth nuts on here a few times before, I can see why they would be useful, to be honest I only used the banjo's because they came in the bag with the Bicon glands procured from work. :lol

The cable goes from an FCU in the garage to a single socket in my brick built shed in the garden so should hopefully remain dry and not corrode!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back