whats goin on??

Sponsored Links
Been quiet aint it. i am building up the courage to do some rendering externally soon so will have lots of questions for you in the not so distant future :p

The lull before the storm,, orrr,, everybody's learnt that much from all of us on here, now everyone out there can plaster. ;) :LOL:

hmm perhaps we need to start giveing out cr*p advice so we still have a job to go to haha :mrgreen:
dnt know wats goin on though there just seems to be no one posting anymore.
there is alot of plasterers out there at the moment and i use the term plasterers very loosly just skimmers who dnt really know an awful lot undercutting the guy with the knowledge and the skills, and i gots to pay the bills ;)

Sponsored Links
I tend to have a look on the site regularly and probably most of you do to, so might be an idea to tell each other what job they have been on, might get a bit of banter going.. ;)

ok roy i like that i can work with that ive been working on a barn conversion with a fooking bit ceilin 75m2 managed to do it with just a labourer who could just start the flattening in whilst i finished spreading then he would clean up and i would drop bk to flatten and trowel. i think it took 11 bags to 2 coat it and i was absolutaly dead at the end of the day but was happy that id done it in one hit in the morning.

ok roy i like that i can work with that ive been working on a barn conversion with a fooking bit ceilin 75m2 managed to do it with just a labourer who could just start the flattening in whilst i finished spreading then he would clean up and i would drop bk to flatten and trowel. i think it took 11 bags to 2 coat it and i was absolutaly dead at the end of the day but was happy that id done it in one hit in the morning.
you seem to have left everyone speachless with our 75m2 hit lol good going m8, 11 bags? you want to check again how big the ceiling is you may have done more than 75m2, i havent had a job for a few weeks so i cant post anything

IS THAT ALL,YOU LAZY SOD.

pull your finger out next time, :LOL:

it was definatly 75m2 mate cos i double checked it haha i was seriously worried bout it spesh when i couldnt get anyone to help me, but as i said luckily with a good labourer smashed it out the park. we used 7 for the first coat and the other 4 for the second coat.
had anouther eventfull day today aswell spread 150m2 but it took 12 hours to do it all and the plastic flexi trowel was the dogs special area mate, loved it.
thank you for that very good tip i couldnt believe how much difference it made to the overall finish. top man. :mrgreen:

haha gregers .......OIT haha i was royaly ****d at the end of it and then i realised we had to do loads of walls in the after noon too. i think i got home got in the bath then curled up and cried my self to sleep haha :LOL:

it was definatly 75m2 mate cos i double checked it haha i was seriously worried bout it spesh when i couldnt get anyone to help me, but as i said luckily with a good labourer smashed it out the park. we used 7 for the first coat and the other 4 for the second coat.
had anouther eventfull day today aswell spread 150m2 but it took 12 hours to do it all and the plastic flexi trowel was the dogs special area mate, loved it.
thank you for that very good tip i couldnt believe how much difference it made to the overall finish. top man. :mrgreen:
yes once its been in your tool kit for a while you will start to wonder how you managed without it, wait till you do a bit of patching, i checked mine the other day its got a crack in in so there is not much life left in it, i think the over all design can be improved, im even thinking of making one myself, the fixing between the handle and blade "just 2 screws" which the blade pops off if 2 much pressure is applied needs to be addressed, i dont like the look of the other options like the refina and the other ones on e bay

what dont you like about the refina one i was thinking about getting that one, the only thing i thought would happen very often is the midget trowel popping off it dont look like it would be very secure just slotted in.

what dont you like about the refina one i was thinking about getting that one, the only thing i thought would happen very often is the midget trowel popping off it dont look like it would be very secure just slotted in.
it dont look like i would be able to use the refina one in the same way that i do with the one i have now, because of the blade on the refina looks to thin, for instance i run the edge of the plastic trowel all around the internal corners you can do this pretty quick with the plastic trowel that we have without fear of digging your trowel in, not to sure that refina blade looks up to the job, i wouldent really be able to tell unless i see it for real, also having another look at the pic it dont look like it would be good for patching either, looks to clumsy espec the longer one with the extra bit of foam on top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back