large ceilin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
arlight guys right heres me question how many spreads am i goin to need to do this ceilin its 2240 square foot thats 70 8 by 4 plasterboards
i love a large ceilin but this one takes the biscuit a bit me thinks
thanks JRP

Sponsored Links
arlight guys right heres me question how many spreads am i goin to need to do this ceilin its 2240 square foot thats 70 8 by 4 plasterboards
thanks JRP

:eek: That's a good size. New ceiling for the Millenium stadium? ;)

A decent 2 and 1 gang will do that in a day without any trouble, if they know how to do a rolling guage without joins. They'll be busy, but it's only 35 m each of flat work to look after at a time - you'll have few ceiling lines to worry about compared to doing that area slit up in to average rooms

its a barn type house and the whole thing is open plan so the ceilin goes right through from room to room. there is two big rooms one big bedroom one small bedroom a toilet and to halllways all conjoined into one huge lump haha.
i was thinking if i get in a company i work along side with just for that day with a couple of thier spreads smash the ceilin out in the morning then loadsa walls in the afternoon.
gota float all the walls out first so should be a couple of weeks to go yet.
cheers for the advice guys

Sponsored Links
its a barn type house and the whole thing is open plan so the ceilin goes right through from room to room. there is two big rooms one big bedroom one small bedroom a toilet and to halllways all conjoined into one huge lump haha.
i was thinking if i get in a company i work along side with just for that day with a couple of thier spreads smash the ceilin out in the morning then loadsa walls in the afternoon.
gota float all the walls out first so should be a couple of weeks to go yet.
cheers for the advice guys

Sorry, is it sloped with beams etc?

Whereabouts is it? I see you are in Herts..

naa its flat mate its a new build its just been made to look like a old barn on the outside and inbetween new and old on the inside.

its in nazeing in essex i do alot of plastering, rendering, screeding such forth for this particular company on thier projects, but this has been built next to the guv'nors house and im goin to price it this weekend so i just wanted to make sure i had a plan in my head for the ceilin.
i think the big man in charge is very interested to hear how i plan to hit the ceilin.
if i do a good job of it they have anouther 3 for me to do and thier bigger :eek:

im come from essex m8 im now in kent but i know a **** hot spread in essex tht mite help you out
but im up for it with you m8 not that far from me £90 per day

ok mate well like i said im priceing it this weekend but im fairly confident i will get it like i said i already do all thier work then i got to float out all the walls and thiers a lot of them too from what i can remember last time i saw it so once im ready i will be giveing you a PM and we will go from there.
ps you love it dnt ya haha ;) ;)

im come from essex m8 im now in kent but i know a s**t hot spread in essex tht mite help you out
but im up for it with you m8 not that far from me £90 per day

At that rate, you are in pole position to get the job . :rolleyes: Pun intended.

100% british beef lol
(EDL)
user1048_pic254_1273001150_thumb1.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back