Whats going on here behind my shower please?

18 Dec 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Was just about to fit a new thermostatic bar with those tap pillars.
Thought it might be a quick swap even though its a bit of a difficult access job until I came across this set up.
Looks like a standard 15mm hot water flex but if you look beyond that to the hot water pipe I cant understand what that connector is?
Does it look best just to keep the current pipe / flexis in place as nothing leaks or am I over thinking it?
Any help appreciated


  • 20240124_153319.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
The one closest should be the hot. A thermostatic bar would usually need the hot on the left as you look at it.
The further connection looks like a flexi with a 22mm speedfit connection and fittings to get from a 15mm feed.
If the flexis are in good condition then you can re-use. If they look at all suspect, then replace them.
Not sure what the capped pipe is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links