What's going on here, or rather what is not going on here?

Sponsored Links
Me probably!!

I will do, I am intrigued to know if I can start a museum of broken transformers or not.

Many thanks for everyone's advice, sorry I couldn't solve it!

Rob

Don't apologise, Rob - you asked for advice and (unlike many who come on here!) listened to that advice.
You gave it a shot, which is commendable.

Also keen to hear what the eventual problem turns out to be. At least now you have a new multimeter and some spare transformers for your next electrical project :D

e-bay is my friend!

I must say the multimeter from our local In Excess seems a bargain at £4.95!

Will call the professionals tomorrow!

Rob

Sponsored Links
Well as promised here is the answer......

....unbeknown to me I made an assumption that the feed into the transformer was from the switch. In fact it was from another junction box (that the switch fed into obviously) and inside was a loose neutral wire which arced. Unfortunately it knackered all the transformers too, but anyway fixed now.

So whoever said a loose wire was correct, just wish they had had X-ray eyes and told me where it was!!

Thanks for all your help.

Best wishes

Rob

PS If any of you DIYers are birdwatchers then please buy my book Birduder 344 from Amazon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back