Whats happened to Julie L/Burchill ?? :(

M

Moz

I really hope she is on holiday , an having a wonderful good time ..?
or busy at work looking at those "nooks an crannies !" ...??
but jesting aside I do hope she is ok an keeping well ! ???(the mouthy mare ,lol)
I know you cannot relie on the interweb , but she was lovely an caring to me here even when deleting my drunken posts ..A lovely gal ... ;)
any news is good news .. :)

please note 5 which is here

Sponsored Links
I'm pleased to say that old Julie Birchall is still alive & kicking and as 'gobby' as ever thanks Moz!!! :LOL: :LOL:

I have actually been on annual leave from work for the past 2 weeks - haven't been away though, just pottering round the house doing the jobs that never seem to get done..........the windows, hoovering behind the furniture etc, etc. :rolleyes: :LOL:
I also registered at Salford University to start a Masters course (in Public Health) every wednesday for the next 2 years (am I barmy or what!!!?)

I've also been checking in on here every now and then.......but things seem to have gone a bit flat on general chat lately........whats going on? We need to get the fiesty subjects going again me thinks! ;) :LOL:

We also had a bit of bad news about one of our cats - not tee bag the cat I've mentioned here before - it's our other cat Henry.
Dave found a lump on his side last week and we took him to the vets last friday. The vet didn't know what it was and said he needed to have some xrays, bloods etc.
Anyway to cut a long story short he went back to the vets on Monday and when we picked him up they said they were 99% sure he's got cancer! :cry: :cry:

We are both absolutely gutted - as he is such a lovely, gentle cat!

The vet wanted to do a biopsy from the lump - for diagnostic purposes - but I asked him if it would make any difference to the prognosis he said no.
As the lump is in such a position that it cannot be removed without damaging other internal structures. There is no treatment...nothing can be done (if he'd have said he could make the cat better we'd have given him the money there and then - no matter how much!). Therefore in my opinion not much point in putting the cat through the trauma of surgery when it isn't going to make any difference.

So I'm afraid it's just a waiting game now - the vet said it may affect his spine (lose the use of his legs) or his bowel (won't be able to poo) - as soon as we notice a significant change we will take him to be put down.

At the moment he is still the same old Henry - but it's very upsetting.....just waiting for something to happen! :cry: :cry:

Sorry to have gone on and on here but he is one of our family and has been with us for the past 11 yrs.

Anyway on a lighter note thanks Moz for your concern regarding my well being it was very kind of you to ask after me. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I'm afraid it's back to the old willies and as AdamW says 'tuppences' next week until my next annual leave which is at Christmas.

By the way, work on our narrowboat is progressing well - I think Dave is doing a post about it at the moment in another thread.

LIL Henry,...##

I LOVE THE FELLA TO BITS ..

JulieL
you have told us how AWFUL/DISGUSTING...it is . . on leaving sh*tehole as there,would you like a new site

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Take care lil sick pussy..

Henry...

your hubby /dave .... WAS /IS a real STAR ...WONDERFUL

its hard at the Vets to say yes/No ... an let a puss live or Die ,as the vets are quite mercanary ...(cut -throat !,I think they have to be ..)

my lucy was 30y old an she was in her last days but so like a young cat , trottoting out for the food an , patroling , rubbing her face everwhere,out on the garden dong her business in her lil place an pawing over ...

I got her as stray from a an old girlfriend who left her ,
ten years later I took in a black an white Big Tom STRAY .......
who I introduced who SHE HATED AT 1ST , Tinker then became her kitten , SHE BULLIED HIM ROTTEN ...lol ;)

he was a massive male Tom cat , could of ripped/tore her , but allowed it an after 6months , she ruled him ...... an he loved it ... .she wagged a paw at him he 3 sizes above her , he fell down an respected her ....
AArgh ...love....
other times a cat in the garden she was shaking in fear , Tinker would chase /stand off , it ...for her to patrol an scent the garden ...
an then stand next to her , as she cleaned/licked him ,...

when I was told she had tumours , I wanted to keep her , but she was just a bag of bones an fur ,
I was streaming tears an felt like I was dying myself ... , as the needle went in her /lucies top coat behind her neck ,
Lucy just fell down an the vet left me alone with her ....
my grand parents an even my Mothers death didnt affect me as MUCH that "LIL Girl"
Lucy RIP

6months later Tinker the big tomcat DIED ..RIP
He had Cancer of the Nose an had un controlable Nose bleeds ...
it was upsetting for him he was UPSET/FRIGHTENED as he sprayed blood from his nose , so ...
I HAD to kill another loved cat ....

4 months later a girl friend took me to the RSPCA ....cat rescue ...

saw loads of wonderful cats .... went back 3 weeks later

an this big/huge white cat was doing tricks to be taken/adopeted
then an still now ...
I was worried she was/is massive ,
but being in a cage for nearly 6 months 3 ft /2ft,I think I would be over weight
I must say I was like most rescue peeps picking a cat , I was after the cute nice looking cats .......this big fat cat in front of me doing front hand stands an running about on hind legs , was nothing as she/he was sooooooooo FAT..
they even had cute siemeses/burmese ped kittens ....given up ...but I picked the BIG fat cat she was dribbling /an licking my fingers on taking her home ..

anyway the big fat puss came home with me , she IS another Lucy .... but not NEVER a replacement , I love her to bits she WILL NEVER ALLOW ANOTHER PUSS as she IS SO FRIGHTENED ,of another puss in her world .....
anyway Purdy is my big Fat Cat at the Mo.....

my best regards go to ..."Henry !""" I wish him all the very , very best
if things go worse ....I hope you can ,love the fella as he was , an YOU MUST MOVE ON ...

there are many old ragged OLD /WEIRY type pussies at the RSPCA. .. that are house trained but sad an needing love ...

Take care ... an hope you can be strong ...
my best regards an all my love..
goes to you both in this horrible time

JulieL/B an Dave ;)

please note 10a which is here

Sponsored Links
Don't get pets put down. Let nature take its' course. Your perception of their suffering could be way off the mark.

keyplayer said:
Don't get pets put down. Let nature take its' course. Your perception of their suffering could be way off the mark.

Like I said earlier the only time I would have Henry put to sleep would be if the tumour started to press on his spine and he couldn't walk or if the tumour pressed on his bowel and he couldn't poo.

We were in the same situation a couple of years ago with our other cat - she was 14yrs - I noticed that she appeared to be unable to poo when we took her to the vets she had a tumour growing from her femoral artery that had become so big it had blocked off the large bowel......there was nothing they could do.
Having looked after people with similar kind of 'blockages' and knowing what happens I didn't want my cat to experience that.......therefore, there was no choice as far as we were concerned and we feel comfortable knowing that the right decision for the cat (not us though) was made at the time.

Don't get me wrong Keyplayer, if the cat was just experiencing old age (like our other cat tee bag who's 16yrs) and just had the general aches and pains that accompanies that then of course the right thing is to let nature take it's course - and maybe we'll get up one morning and she'll have died peacefully in her sleep.

Have you had to have an animal put to sleep Keyplayer, as you sound like you are speaking from experience?

I don't think any sane person would have their pet put down for the sake of it, nor would they find it easy to get a vet to do this.

It is harsh, but whereas we humans can adjust to paralysis, colostomy bags etc, many animals just can't cope and don't understand. Unfortunately cats are one of those animals.

As to the willies and tuppences, I had a very pleasant outing last Saturday night with about 50 nurses from various hospitals around London. And boy do they know how to par-tay! Can they drink!!!

I got to break up a nurse-fight too.[/quote]

Julie

Sorry about your catty.

My cat Blackie (guesses as to his colouring on a postcard, please!) had a growth on the roof of his mouth in 1996. He had a biopsy at huge expense (my Mother said I shouldn't waste the money and just put him down......), and it turned out he was OK. He's still with us, fit and well, if toothless, at the grand old age of 15.

I have had to put pets down, and take them to the vet after fatal accidents. One where a kitten of mine was savaged by an alsatian and another where Blackie's sister was run over.

It's a tough call, but I feel if the animals quality of life is severely restricted, it's time to go. If however the beast is happy and not in pain, I would let nature take control.

Last year our cat Skippy got cancer. We had got her as a rescued cat 12 yrs earlier. Spent quite a lot on treatment which worked for a while but then she went downhill surprisingly quickly. On a Sunday morning she was so bad we decided to have her put down but couldn't contact the vet til Monday. All Sunday day and night she couldn't move as she had no control over her legs and it was v. distressing for her and us. We shouldn't have waited so long.

Last week we got 2 kittens (sisters) from rspca. They are so cute/loony that people keep calling round just to watch them playing/fighting!

Moz said:
there are many old ragged OLD /WEIRY type pussies at the RSPCA. .. that are house trained but sad an needing love ...

Yes, but they do work ever so hard re-housing unloved pets............

JulieL said:
Have you had to have an animal put to sleep Keyplayer, as you sound like you are speaking from experience?

I was once given this as an option by a vet who was prepared to perform the operation immediately even though our cat (who had just had terminal cancer of the liver diagnosed) was not yet in much pain and was still mobile. I do not believe in euthanasia even for pets who are essentially family members. The cat just became unable to eat and wasted away, and although it was hard to watch her die, she still responded to attention with purring so I believe she had a certain quality of life, even if she wasn't flipping cartwheels.

Can I just add that lots of vets work on weekends , even sunday clinics , I wasnt charged ripoff rates when Lil Lucy(RIP) needed a checkup a good while ago ,although It would of been telephone numbers too call them to her ,an Yes the RSPCA DO try to push the older cats on you but most potential owners are after "FUN" bundles of Kitten Fur ....

BTW
could I stress here while semi sober , that my two late pussies were way past saving ... Lil Lucy was about 30 yr as I had her for 25 yrs an she was a grown cat then ,she was a toothless very weak /cruelly thin bag of bones who couldnt eat when I had her put to sleep ...I even had the vet start blood tests an a scan , when she the vet told me "She Was Dying !"an "Let Her Go !"..I had too... I still hear her mieow in the house at night ,
Tinker was very ill he had a ruptured tumour in his nose an was frantically upset,he was very weak an the vet said even operating on him wasnt an option as he had a tumour growing in his throat , so I was expecting his demise ...still haunts me as a cat lover how I killed my two Lil Buddies ...
so I didnt Just put my cats down on a whim ,

Sponsored Links
Back