Whats in a battery booster?

Don't forget to disconnect the battery overnight, as John suggested above

Sponsored Links
If you mean those little 'booster' packs with a couple of jump leads sticking out you might as well buy a set of jump leads and a battery from a scrap yard that holds a charge and keep it topped up.
The cheapo boosters are junk,just a diddy battery that has no chance of starting a car if its battery is flat. The proper,heavy duty garage type jopbs are a different story you can tell by the weight what sort of punch the DIY things will deliver and it isn't much at all.

I did.

However now I have charged the battery properly - its working fine.

I suspect that I turned the lights off then turned them back on again in a senior moment before leaving the car.
Or something like that.

Its all OK now.

But I'll see about charging a spare battery I have in case it happens again.

Sponsored Links
It's very easy to "slag off" these battery packs. True, they contain a small (around 12AH battery) and you do need to keep them charged if they are to be of any use! They are sufficient, however, to start the car if the battery is down, or failing, (the usual scenario) but you nay not be so lucky if the battery is as flat the witch's left one!

Maplin's had an offer on not so long ago for a booster battery charger system IIRC about £10. This allowed a booster pack to be charged through its "cigar lighter" socket, powered from the host vehicle's cigar lighter. It (I would suggest) uses blocking diodes to prevent one battery discharging the other, and for people like me who run automatics (can't push them down the road and drop it in second!) a battery box and charger are a necessity.

Back