What's the problem with my heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating is not enough to keep my house warm. I've got a cobi boiler with 8 radiators the room sizes are 21 s.q.m and the heat is not enough to keep the warm on the rooms.(all radiator are working well)
Should I change the boiler?
Maybe replace the central heating?
or Perhaps put bigger radiators?

Any advice would be very grateful

By the way avery 4 minutes the green flame in my boiler goes off for about 90 seconds that happen when the central heating is on is tahat ok?

Sponsored Links
Your radiators should get too hot to touch if your boiler stat is right up.

There is no point in changing the boiler. Fit bigger rads!

The radiators need to be sized correctly for each room. There are many heat loss programs available on the internet. You need to google for them.

So how big are the rads in your 21sqm room and are all your rooms this size

Sponsored Links
The size of my radiators are about 80 ctm long * 60 ctm
If a changed all rad for 120 cm it ill be a problem for my boiler?
combi potterton puma 100E

Assuming your boiler was not a pile of shi1te; you would need a very large house for it not to be capable of heaitng it sufficiently. Put it this way - you owuld need a lot more hot water than heating.

Use a downloadable tool or professional advise to give you the right size for the heating system rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back