Glow Worm Betacom 24C Heating Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Glow Worm Betacom 24C and a Boss TPSRF31 wireless thermostat and receiver.

My issue is this: with the heating switch in the on position on the boiler and the thermostat set well below the ambient temperature (at time of writing ambient is 22 degrees and thermostat set down to 14 degrees) the boiler is still turning on (as well as the green light on the Boss reciever) every 10 minutes and thus heating the radiators to a warm but not hot temperature.

When the thermostat is set above the room temperature, a flame appears on the display and the boiler operates as it should. But once the desired temperature is reached, the central heating still turns on every 10 mins.

Now, I'm under the impression that when the thermostat is below the ambient temperature, the central heating should not be operating at all and the radiators should be cold. This is how the central heating in my previous address worked.

Also, when attempting to turn the boiler off completely, it displays the code shown in the image attached.

Is there an issue here? Any help would be great.

Attachments

• 20200927_210906.jpg
    20200927_210906.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 449
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back