What's the toughest sport in the world?

I

imamartian

So what is the toughest sport in the world? Sky sports suggest (recently in an ad) that it's bull riding..but i don't think so... i'd rather fall off a bull than face Randy Couture, or the Iceman, or B J Penn in the octagon for example !

But what's your choice?

Sponsored Links
That there Freediving has to be one of the toughest. When you get so far down, how do you know that you can hold your breath until you surface??.
If you timed it wrong, you could be 6ft from the surface and drown.
Deepest dive I've done was only 40ft in the Mediterranean once. These people go hundreds of feet down without any air tanks either.

That there Freediving has to be one of the toughest. When you get so far down, how do you know that you can hold your breath until you surface??.
Deepest dive I've done was only 40ft in the Mediterranean once. These people go hundreds of feet down without any air tanks either.

agreed, that is extreme... but 6ft from the surface, and you splutter a bit, and st johns are there... is that tough? very fit i accept..

but a prop forward in a premiership rugby side... battered every few seconds for an hour and a half... blod everywhere.... now that's tough?

agreed, that is extreme... but 6ft from the surface, and you splutter a bit, and st johns are there... is that tough? very fit i accept..

but a prop forward in a premiership rugby side... battered every few seconds for an hour and a half... blod everywhere.... now that's tough?

Couldn't agree more!
Unlike pansy footballers or yanks who weigh 6st but get padded out to look like the hulk.
One of the young lads in one of our other branches used to turn up every Monday morning looking like he'd done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
Asked why he played the game he said, "Because I enjoy it."

Sponsored Links
Depends how you interpret toughest?

Is it the sport that can give you the most injury through normal play?

The sport that can give the most injury through any faulty equipment?

The sport that drains you the most and rids you of any energy you have left?

They sport that is the hardest to play and understand?

The sport that takes the most dedication and training?

It has been said that the toughest sport, with many factors involved is Boxing. I took part in boxing for almost 6 years. I also played rugby at a high level, being hit by a 16 stone bloke every few minutes and then running your socks off, is for me tougher than boxing :eek:

Dont think there will ever be an answer to the question, which is the toughest?

Muy Thai is supposed to be the toughest martial art, though i've seen some stick fighting that looked even tougher.

For endurance an Iron Man competion is the toughest I know of.

Cheers

G

Muy Thai is supposed to be the toughest martial art, though i've seen some stick fighting that looked even tougher.

For endurance an Iron Man competion is the toughest I know of.

Cheers

G

ju jutsu surely? but ironman is average extreme....blokes outdo ironman by miles !

I wouldnt fancy competing in a rowing event....them blokes cant even walk when they finish a race :eek:

I wouldnt fancy competing in a rowing event....them blokes cant even walk when they finish a race :eek:

ROWING!!! you try 'rowing' with mrs Martian... then you'll know you've been in a fight !!!!!! :eek:

Got it!

Being a spectator at a naked lesbian mud wrestling contest! :(

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back