What's the toughest sport in the world?

Sponsored Links
I had no idea about it and I am a bit tired so I googled 'toughest sport'and it appears from the experts that Boxing is highly ranked. But if you don't wear gloves and are allowed to kick as well, then if you are the loosing opponent then I guess that's tougher than being the winner. :(

So its the loser in a cage fight.

Every sport is the toughest when the competition is at the highest level.

I have done various things cross country , cycle racing and kart racing to a high level and in their own ways each was as tough as the other. Surprisingly racing to a high standard in a kart can be just as exhausting as racing to a high standard in cycling.
In any sport you train and therefore you are making the actual event easier to manage.
Some of the toughest things I ever did were one off tests.

For example in the Army there was a 'March and Shoot' competition that we did just once in our training. It was a competition between the three companies. It came at the end of all our training and was hotly contested by the PTI's who wanted their comany to win.
It consisted of a three mile run in full kit with helmets rifles backpacks etc and always took place in the summer , after the three mile timed run the assault course was then completed which back then consisted of 12ft climbing walls etc etc.
Medical staff were always at the finish . . . . to administer oxygen to anyone who collapsed of which there were many.
Unlike sports where you can push yourself to your limit wether this is iron man or cage fighting or rugby you did not have the luxury when reaching your limit to quit or slow down or give up.
In the march and shoot competition if you slowed down you would have found someone grabbing your webbing and dragging you along wether you wanted to stop or not. You would not have believed the palour of some of the guys their rolling eyes or vommiting.

If you want to put a sticker on a sport as the toughest though I would have to say Boxing or pro cycling and never never never football which is a 'game' not a sport.

Golf is probably the best sport to make you look like a total idiot.

I've seen some very accomplished sportsmen look like complete tw**s on the golf course. :p

If you want to put a sticker on a sport as the toughest though I would have to say Boxing or pro cycling and never never never football which is a 'game' not a sport.
Here, Here!

Sponsored Links
field gun is widely acknowledged as the toughest team sport in the world

Whats "field gun"?

Anyone ever watch the battles between hagler, hearns, duran and sugar ray on U tube? truly epic.. there no fighters around today to match those guys. truly epic ... a bunch of wimps grace our screens today.

Duran and leonard had some classics. Larry Holmes was another great. I think he only had to win two more fights to have more wins than Ali.

Boxings tough but I think rodeo would have to be the toughest. I worked with guys that rode bulls and some of the injuries those guys received was frightening.

Rugby and boxing. A professional career in either is pretty short, probably more so in boxing. Most boxers quit in what would be considered their prime too :)

Without a show of a doubt, the winner is Petanque.

When that little cochonnet gets shot off the Piste, it'll give you a real shiner if you don't step back smartly enuff.

Oh, and each of my boule weigh 750gram, and thats why I wear kevlar'ed safety trainers.

DH

I remember a TV series 15 or so years ago where they pulled in top-level athletes from various sports who then competed in many different events to test stamina, agility, endurance etc.

The series was won by a water-skier ( ??? Hazlewood ? ) who was at the time world-champion .

I remember a TV series 15 or so years ago where they pulled in top-level athletes from various sports who then competed in many different events to test stamina, agility, endurance etc.

I remember the series was won by a water-skier ( ??? Hazlewood ? ) who was at the time world-champion .
Is that the one where Keegan went a*se over ears on his bike.

Sponsored Links
Back