What's the toughest sport in the world?

has anyone seen the show Kill Arman? a bizarre show where a podgy Asian geezer decides, to toughen up and go round the world to 10 countries, with 10 different fighting methods, and train up to get beaten up 10 different times....

One on one combat has got to be the toughest 'sport'... a sport where the idea is to punch you in the face, or kick you in the kidneys, etc... has got to be very tough, unless you are the best... and let's face it... none of us are !

Sponsored Links
So what is the toughest sport in the world? Sky sports suggest (recently in an ad) that it's bull riding..but i don't think so... i'd rather fall off a bull than face Randy Couture, or the Iceman, or B J Penn in the octagon for example !

But what's your choice?

i think boxing is the worlds toughest sport as its the only sport in the world where you can legally kill your opponent.

UFC i dont really rate as if your a sh!t fighter, you can still do well by simply hugging your opponent, twisting their foot etc until they tap out. Its why Randy Couture absolutely poo'd himself against James Toney and didnt dare stand and fight as he knew he'd get ko'd. He knew the ONLY way to beat a world class boxer was to take him to the ground, get him in a choke hold and get Toney to tap, which is exactly what ended up happening.

Boxing may well be the toughest sport, but between rowing and rugby, it has to be rowing.

If we take toughest as the combination of endurance and power, rowing is tougher. At the end of a race, a rower has put in every last once of work he/she can muster, and will often hardly be able to go any furtehr after the race. At the end of a rugby match, I've seen players run off the pitch.

Rowers race over a variety of distances throughout their career, from sprints to Head of the River races (3miles).

Mentally, its tougher as its a far more technical sport than many people realise. The concentration to keep the timing and technique right throughout the race is considerable. There is a saying that rowers are rugby players with brains. Add to this the tactics of when to apply an extra push that you get in many other racing sports (eg running), and you have a true all round athlete.

Sponsored Links
Toughest sport , ?? as Dianne1 said , motorcycle racing , in particular the likes of the TT , probably the most dangerous sporting activity you can do !

was at Goodwood revival over the weekend , they had a Wall Of Death , display , total nutters , no safety gear at all (Nothing) if any one ever has the oppurtunity to see it , take it ! how it gets past the H&S bods I don't know ??

Than there is the top fuel drag racers , driving a 300 mph bomb !

1. Boxing
2. Motorcycle racing ( been there and done it )
3. Underwater tiddlywinks

Back