What's this? Air vent valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm having some issues with air in my system and I believe this should be an air release valve but I'm not sure how to operate it. It doesn't seem to push down or twist. Can anyone confirm what this is? I've attached 2 pics. This hot water tank is on the first floor, the boiler is beneath it on the ground floor, so this is a relatively high point in the system.

Many thanks in advance, Robin

Attachments

• IMG_5026.JPG
    IMG_5026.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5029 (1).JPG
    IMG_5029 (1).JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
I've got two of those at the highest point of my system - next to the boiler in the loft. One on the flow and one on the return. I thought they were just bleed points for when you fill the system. They just unscrew with finger pressure. Mind you, they've only just been fitted when the system was updated so not had time to seize up yet. Get a pair of pliers on them.

Ok will do. I didn't want to force twist it with pliers only to find it was "push to vent".

Thanks a lot.

They are manual air vents, you open till water comes out then close as all the air has been removed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back