Whats this called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is rendered (i think). I've built a porch now need to render. The problem is the render i took of had stones in it but seemed to be in the mix not thrown on. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this to match the rest of the house.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply.
so can anyone give any advice on how to do the job. i.e. do i put a first coat on the leave it dry put on while still wet best mix. any help would be greatly appreciated.

wetcast......scratchcoat then let dry 2nd coat and then apply the wetcast!.

this job you would find extremely difficult to achieve a decent finish as it takes a considerable amount of practise know how and skill. ;)

Sponsored Links
so best advice is to get a pro. in then ? Is it a plasters job or a different trade.

a roughcaster....as we call em in this kneck of the woods, or a render-dasher in yours i think.
i have seen a lot of bodged attempts at wetcasting even from so called pros,
the mix has to be spot on as well as the technique to get an even spread otherwise the wall looks as though it has been hit by bunches of grapes lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back