What's this thing called? (Ed: Multipoint lock part)

Sponsored Links
Why has it got a Vectis keyhole?

If this is the part that is faulty, what is it if not a Vectis component?

The gearbox with the keyhole is a secondary gearbox further up from the main gearbox where the handles are, the main gearbox in the the OPs photo clearly shows the main gearbox to have a euro cylinder, an ERA Vectis multi point lock main gearbox doesn't use a euro cylinder

Sponsored Links
The OP already stated he's removed the upper gearbox you know the one with the keyhole but it still utilising the euro cylinder to lock the door

If I wanted parts or a new one, that's where I would start looking.

Where would you?

What I would ask is does that upper gearbox throw another deadlock or hook when locking

If you look closely at the picture with the handles on you will see under the latch is a black piece, this no doubt says ERA on it, but yale also make the same lock, like does Saracen, surelock too so you have lots of starting points

The key may well have the makers name stamped on it.

Hey all, following. Thanks.
So to answer a few points.. the cassette I took off operates a simple deadbolt that comes through the assembly, into a gap which is exposed when the handle is thrown up.

Beyond being the right size for the assembly and attached to it, it has no other interaction with it.

John, it does indeed lock and unlock "from the inside"(though not a key hole on the inside) and also locks easily from the outsid, it's just the unlocking from the outside. Which has gone wrong on 5 out of the 6 keys on the same day.

Might be wear in the levers or the bushing that (should) hold the key aligned, or a broken spring. You may be able to spot it if you take it apart. Take copious photos so you can reassemble it.

Can you post photos of keys to highlight wear on the bits

Is there a makers name on the keys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back