WhatsApp failed on Windows 10 Laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I make frequent use of WhatsApp on my laptop, but suddenly this evening it stopped working - complaining about my Internet connection, which is fine - everything else has access.

My Iphone also has access, and WA is working on that.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, but that stalls at launching the App. I suspect the WA server has failed, for Windows - anyone confirm please?

Sponsored Links
A quick google search doesn’t return any results confirming this. Are you using the latest version of a browser? Found this, unsure if it’s helpful?

A quick google search doesn’t return any results confirming this. Are you using the latest version of a browser? Found this, unsure if it’s helpful?

Yes, latest Firefox, updated last week.

[EDIT] Sorted. I tried installing an older version of WA, from June. That installed and worked without an hitch.

For several weeks, WA would be left running, I would go to use it and find it was frozen. I would have to close and restart it. Then last night it froze again, but complained it was unable to connect due to no Internet. I tried several things, nowt worked, then tried an uninstal/reinstall, which just made it worse. It installed, but just flashed up briefly when I tried to run it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Turn on your personal hotspot on your iPhone and Wi-Fi your computer up to it so it is getting its internet via the phone instead. Does it work on the computer now?

Sponsored Links
It has just offered to update itself to the latest version, Version 2.2240.7, which I allowed and that went ahead without a hitch. That is the very same version I repeatedly attempted to reinstall.

There was intense solar activity at the weekend; NASA published a funky foto of the sun looking like it had a big grin on its face. This can affect satellites and all kinds of communications, including BB. Maybe that was the prob. i know a few people have mentioned similar faults...

Sponsored Links
Back