Wheels for a sun lounger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm making a sun lounger with wheels at the back. If I put a long screw through the wheel and timber leg it won't revolve when I do it up.
I tried buying steel tubing for the screw to go through that and the bore of the wheel (15mm) It wobbles. Am I on the right track?

What do I do please?
Regards

Sponsored Links
Try putting a spring washer and thickish flat washer at each side of the wheel and not tightening the bolt up fully. That's how my pull-along (wheeled) tool boxes work.

Just to give you another idea, these retail wheels come with some nicely machined bits of brass - it should be possible to replicate something similar if you really wanted to! :)
image_1_48016.jpg

You need to bolt on wheels , bolt to frame with wheel spacing just enough to allow movement , greased and with washers either side.The adjustment is critical to allow wheel to turn but not wobble .
A simpler method would to be a cheap set of child’s bicycle stabilisers as they come ready fitted to arms than can be screwed to frame .

Sponsored Links
How about a couple of ready made castors, can include a brake

1658386581124.png

There are many other sources

I used some wheels from kids push scooters.
They have bearings, so you can tighten the middle bolt and they still spin freely.
They're cheap on ebay.

Goodness, thank you so much everybody, think I 've made up my mind, a combination of your ideas.

Keep well .

Best
Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back