When is this going to stop?

I did.

If dogs are so big and strong that they cannot reasonably be fought off by an adult, they have no place in this country, in my honest opinion.

The way you put it suggests to me you're either in favour of an outright ban or sending them to a remote island somewhere: Elba, perhaps?

Read my OP.
All of it.
It was in response to the broad-daylight killing of an adult, that passers-by were powerless to stop.

"reasonably fought off by an adult".

I suggest that your reading of my statement does not reflect my position.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I know what you said, it just doesn't make sense when you can't define a "big dog" and "a reasonably able adult".

Same story, different link,

"Mum-of-two mauled to death by pack of vicious DACHSHUNDS that had legs shorter than an adult human's hand"

ALL MOTORISTS VEHICLES ARE SAFE.
It is the presence of drivers that makes some not so.

You cannot ever say the same for something with a mind of its own.
Such as a dog.

No, I'm not.
Secure asked Ellal why haven't we banned vehicles yet then?"
Secure was making a false equivalence between an (inanimate) vehicle, and a sentient creature (dog).
I was making the point that a vehicle, per se, is safe.
And that I wholly disagreed with his position (in that we effectively mitigate the risks from vehicles through licencing, insurance, et al, so the same would apply for a dog..)
Yes you are

In regard to the car, you are referring to the human being the unreliable part in the chain ( the controlling factor)

In regards to a dog you referring are not referring to the human but the dog.

Ergo it’s a conflation.

No; it is factually correct (the dog bit).
But, you are doing a Karen, and getting all hyperbolic - probably because you love your dog so much - that you're throwing up strawmen
Proves my point exactly.

It’s a common and lazy argument to simply say “no dog is guaranteed to be safe” - it reduces the argument to binary terms.

Small dogs which have been bred for good temperament and well looked after are extremely safe, the risk is very very low - and no you can’t just ignore that by repeating the pointless claim of “no dogs are guaranteed safe” because it’s unqualified and utterly meaningless, because it removes context which is everything.

If you want to use the argument: “dogs can’t be guaranteed to be safe”, then we have to ban cars, sports, bicycles, alocohol…..because they aren’t guaranteed safe. In others words it’s a bullsh1t argument.

It’s the same bullsh1t argument as “vaccines don’t stop covid” or “vaccines aren’t guaranteed to be safe”

It's an opinion. As stated.

It's political, anyone who tries to stop it or control it will be labelled anti-dog and there poll numbers will tumble.

Yes dogs have a high status in the minds of the UK voting electorate.

Yes you are

In regard to the car, you are referring to the human being the unreliable part in the chain ( the controlling factor)

In regards to a dog you referring are not referring to the human but the dog.

Ergo it’s a conflation.

I am referring to the presence of mind, and of free will.

A dog has both; a vehicle has neither.

It’s a common and lazy argument to simply say “no dog is guaranteed to be safe” - it reduces the argument to binary terms.

It was a response to Secure's approach; that responsible ownership maketh safe dogs.
I disagreed - bear in mind, I'm clear that I posted about "dogs that cannot be deterred by a reasonably-able adult" - on the basis that such a dog can, at its own choosing, maim or kill, with its keeper being likely to be unable to stop it.
Small dogs which have been bred for good temperament and well looked after are extremely safe, the risk is very very low - and no you can’t just ignore that by repeating the pointless claim of “no dogs are guaranteed safe” because it’s unqualified and utterly meaningless, because it removes context which is everything.

Quit with the strawman; your little biddy "wouldn't hurt a fly" dog is off my table. it's the "bred to intimidate / attack" gangstar accessories that I've been posting about.

If you want to use the argument: “dogs can’t be guaranteed to be safe”, then we have to ban cars, sports, bicycles, alocohol…..because they aren’t guaranteed safe. In others words it’s a bullsh1t argument.

Repeating your strawman is just
common and lazy

and

It’s the same bullsh1t argument as “vaccines don’t stop covid” or “vaccines aren’t guaranteed to be safe”

Quit repeating your strawman / "conflation".

Only you are jacking off over vaccines; I'm just against gangstar accessory hounds.

Sponsored Links
Back