Where best to get replacement fan for Ideal Classic FF230

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need one for Saturday morning (if poss.) : can anyone point me to an authentic supplier
of parts in north London, or a supplier that can do quick (24 hour?) delivery of a fan that my gas engineer (coming on Saturday) will consider is good enough (quality-wise) for him to put in my boiler.
He's said that, unfortunately, there are (a few) 'cowboys' in the trade. I'm hoping that one of you 'genuine' contributors will see this & will reply quickly, so that we can get a fan quickly ! With many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Because the gas engineer (who hasn't yet seen the site) said a fan probably isn't necessary yet and that when & if the current one fails, he will come round & fit one. But to get access to the boiler (I.e. take the cover off) meant prising 2 adjacent kitchen cupboards off the wall, breaking open a box that covered the pipework above and wrecking some plasterwork. Otherwise it would have been impossible to get the boiler cover off. The friend who took the cupboards off, reasonably thinks it's better to fit a (new) fan while the cupboards are off the wall & before refitting them. (Down to nonsensical aesthetics of kitchen design by previous owner, it seems).

Sorry, realise I haven't directly answered your question> I've tried to contact him by phone to ask him to fit fan, but he's probably working & usually returns calls late in the day. I've also left him a text message. Am thinking that by the time he gets to know the situation (cupboards off wall) it might be a bit late in the day for him to order and get a fan sent ....

Sponsored Links
There are a few different fans for this boiler you would be better finding the boiler serial number and calling Ideal to get the correct part number

Wow, once again I am blown away by the brilliant contributions on this site. Will find out serial number and let you know how I get on ! Thanx so much again !

Thanks all, work is now complete: boiler and Megaflo serviced + fitting of Magnaclean abov boiler to filter out metal bits and fitting of new fan ... £450. Is that reasonable ? (Am thinking of nxt year's servicing) but am thankful this year's is now done & dusted. Tx again for yr advice which is much appreciated as am a novice at all this.

Thanks Muggles, that's a relief, so I'll get back in touch with him for the next service - always supposing he's willing to do it ! Incidentally, in reply to an earlier reply to my post, he did supply the fan. VERY appreciative of the help supplied by everyone on this board !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back