Where can I buy plain yellow wallpaper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to redecorate the walls in my living room...

I don't want to - and don't want to spend a lot...

The only reason is paper needs re-patching in places (mainly new sofa doesn't hide scuffs from old sofa) - old off cuts don't match very well because of sun lightening of paper on walls...:(

I would prefer to stick to similar colour scheme - plainish pale yellow - easily washable - minimum texture, vinyl (I have mucky children).

Don't want an obvious pattern - don't want to have to mess around pattern matching...or stripes which would test my hanging skills ;)

Could just use lining paper and paint - but that would be more work and also that would be just too plain (stuff I have has looks like it has a speckled texture).

So far haven't seen anything suitable in B&Q, Homebase or Wickes

Has anyone seen anything anywhere -or could suggest anywhere?

I did find some on line -but the delivery was quite steep... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Could you patch with the old off-cuts/fill any holes with filler and paint the walls with yellow emulsion?

You could try a paint ragging technique to avoid the plainess.

I guess I could try a kind of ragging technique...
but not sure how well emulsion will stick to the vinyl???

My other thought was that I only have problems on two adjoining walls the other two are absolutely fine...Maybe I could do a two tone thing...but neither of the problem walls would be good as 'feature' walls...
and I'm a bit rubbish at stuff like that - and my heart isn't really in it...
- thought it would be relatively quick and easy - strip the walls, repaper, touch up skirtings - job done... :(

Sponsored Links
strip the walls ..paint the "under" paper :idea: maybe ,if the vinyl pulls off in sheets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back