mettalic, flat matt zoffany wallpaper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im half way through papering a bedroom for a client, and what a nightmare! they have chose a very expensive paper £100+ per roll. the feature wall is a broad black and gold stripe with the rest of the walls in a plain gold(same pattern as the gold from the stripes). i took ages in planning where and how to blend the plain from the stripe to match seemlesly with the other.
that done ive gone on to hanging the plain gold paper.. this is where the trouble started, every joint wanted to spring, and becase the walls are all 11ft high, by the time i get the joint right at the top - middle it was just about right but bottom half overlapped by a few mm, i coloured all edges of rolls first but they stand out like a dog, there is little to no stretch in the paper and with it been a mettalic paper any slight crease or mark stands out.
so come on you experts out there...how do i finish the rest without it costing me a packet to start again,or having a breakdown!
ps the walls are all linned, and i put a thin coat of size on the linning paper aswell

Sponsored Links
Hi ant.
Sorry I have'nt had the pleasure of Zoffany. But I do recall same problem with a mettalic (italian,Doshi) and I had to make sure I was using the special pupose heavy duty paste (low water content) That sorted the seams out lol. But had to ensure as I hung it, not to apply too much pressure, deftly sroke it on. Seems the mistake I first made was to use a ready mix all pupose paste which lingered a bit too much for the seams, but found the difference with the special purpose stuff ( for hessian. fabrics etc).

Hope you get on with it ok , I been there :LOL: [/code]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back