Where can I get 190mm hollow blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I'm building a retaining wall and I've just run out of blocks....
The blocks I'm using are hollow 390mm x 190mm x 190mm and I'm finding it very hard to source some more. There doesn't seem to be a problem getting the 215mm block but I'm afraid that they are no good to me as I need to add to existing courses. The company I got them from has ceased trading... I've tried all the builders providers in the Aberdeen area with no luck.
Does anyone know where I can get approx 120 blocks - this will finish the first section. But I'll need another 250 or so for the second section - but these can be the bigger (easier to get) size.
Thanks in advance
Paraic

Sponsored Links
Would it matter if they corbelled out by 25mm on the inside face of the retaining wall?

Good point! I have started to concede that 215mm may be all that I can get. I was just trying to get blocks the same size (190mm) so that I could continue as I have more courses up on one side than the other. So, although the 215mm blocks won't be a problem in width, they will be a problem in height. But nothing that can't be sorted out.
Paraic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back