Where Can I Get A Boiler T/Stat For My Old Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an ideal E Type CF Series 2 CF40/60. GC code is 41 397 39.

Had a brief look and can't seem to find anywhere that has a boiler t/stat for it. :(

Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Cheers

Andrew

Sponsored Links
Could you tell us which spare parts supplier you have contacted which says that they cannot order one for you?

Before posting here I would expect you to have contacted Parts Center ( formally HRPC ) at the very least.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am a DIY enthusiast trying to sort this out so I don't know the best places to try.

Looked online and so far can't seem to find anywhere that stocks this part. Phoned up a couple of spares stockists and they say they can't help. Also contacted Ideal and they said everything is obsolete for this boiler.

Do you have contact details for parts centre?

Cheers

Andrew

Since you only list your location as "UK" then its difficult for me to give you a telephone for Parts Centre which have about 30 branches! You could look it up on the BT listing?

However, if Ideal say its obsolete then perhaps it really is although I have normally never had any problems getting common parts like that. Parts Centre would only order them from Ideal but they might be able to see if that part is used on other models.

You could take the makers name and type number from the old item and see if they could help.

Thermostats are quite simple and it may be that the maker can sugggest a current type which could be used as a replacement.

Be aware that its a very old appliance and there would be a very significant increase in efficiency with a new condensing boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

I am in Solihull just south of Birmingham. DO you know if there is a branch near me?

Cheers

Andrew

so what is wrong with your existing thermostat.?
can you remove the thermostat from its housing.
can you read what is printed on your thermostat.ie maker.and any other numbers.
in birmingham use www.shoreheat.co.uk/map_bham.htm

i use a shoreheat branch in slough.the staff know their job.ie just not keypad pushers.they have experienced staff ie not youngsters fresh from the job center.

phone them first and you will probaly have to take your thermostat with you for an alternative one.

good luck

Lol, its 35 years old....at least. That has to be flogging a dead horse in anyones book.

Those were the days!

At that time the manufacturers often used to put the component makers name and part number.

Nowadays, they just call it an "Ideal Part No xxxxxx" and you can only get it from Ideal at three times the makers charge.

Tony

Have you got the part number as printed on the body.

I have several different stats and theres a good chance that the mexico is the same phile.

Got an ideal E Type CF Series 2 CF40/60. GC code is 41 397 39. Had a brief look and can't seem to find anywhere that has a boiler t/stat for it. :( Can anyone recommend somewhere? Cheers Andrew

YeeHay! 3 years after you posted that, at least some of these thermostats are still available from Ideal themselves (08452 709800). It's even possible that my system is older than yours. It says "E Type CF 50N", Gas Code number "G.C.41-409 13" - perhaps a series 1?

I've ordered the part £37.90 inc. P&P. After I'd done that, "<[email protected]>" got back to me to say I could have one for £29.99+VAT (unknown P&P). Not bad for a system I estimate is now 29 years old, hey?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back