Where can I get a Voltage Reader for a generator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what the proper name of it is but is there anywhere online that sells a voltage reader that will be permanently fitted to a generator.

I have a Gewiss analogue one which is fitted to a 1gang blank plate+moulded box but its packed up and I can't calibrate it anymore leaving me with the only option of using a multimeter which is alot of hassle.

Tried my local wholesalers but they don't sell them and the place I originally got the one I'm using at the minute isn't there anymore.

Tried a few place online but nothing and but I'm not sure the proper name for it.

Cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
you can buy panel mount meters from electronics suppliers but you might have to build the reduction cuircuitry yourself.

could always buy a cheap multimeter and duck tape it in place.

Cheers folk.

Now I know the name of the item I'm looking for.

Sponsored Links
Are you looking for a display you can just look at, or something to log things?

eBay possibilities - usual disclaimers of no personal interest apply..

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I spotted the same one's on ebay the other day and have been following.

Searched the net and couldn't find any suitable.

Chris.J said:
Have a look at www.maplin.co.uk
item L61AQ.
Currently on offer.

Thats actually a good alternative but I'm not sure on the limitations of the max power its supports as my generator is 21kv.

Might buy it anyhow as I would have use elsewhere for it.

Darkness said:
Thats actually a good alternative but I'm not sure on the limitations of the max power its supports as my generator is 21kv
21kV :!: :!: :eek: :eek: :!: :!:
That Maplin device is nowhere near a good alternative - it's made for 230V - put nearly 100x as much across it and it will vaporise!

'scuse my French, but WTF are you doing with a 21kV generator?? How big is it? How is it powered?

How come you're into HV electrical engineering but don't know who the suppliers are of suitable instrumentation?

Hold on a minute, I've mistyped. 21KW sounds better.

Its PTO operated.

Cheers for that Big_Spark.

Looked through 8 pages of meters but didn't find one for my purpose. Will give it another look through later when I've more time as I'm sure there is one there.

Just need a simple display showing voltage range of 0v - 500v like my bucked up Gewiss one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back