Where can one get one of these?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what the proper name is, maybe its a capacitor.

cap.jpg

Anyhow, I've pulled this from the electrical control unit that powers a high powered powerhose. Somehow water got into the control box and filled it with water blowing this item, spliting it in two.

Is there somewhere online where I could get one to match the ratings etc of the one I have.

Only had it a few months and it cost a fortune.

And help would be great

Sponsored Links
Darkness, Yes it is a capacitor, and yes these can be purchased..

However i would suugest you put it all back together, ensure that it does not look like you opened it up..and claim on the warranty...

What you have done is to have voided it...

get as much info off the label and try tlc online or use your local city electrical factors.

it is a capacitor.

I'd rather get a replacement capacitor as the unit is bolted down and connected into watersupplies and I got it about 45 miles away. Knowing my luck they wouldn't replace it anyhow.

I'll look into those places mentioned. Hopefully they aren't that expensive.

Sponsored Links
The most likely source for the replacement Cap in that case is

http://rswww.com

There should be a product number on the capacitor, you may be able to find the exact one on RS using it...Failing that, find one with the same ratings and three leads..

RS was the first place I tried but it's out of action for a while. Just looking for alternatives if they don't have one when they are back up and runing.

PS- Mine has 2 leads.

It's just a shadow in the pic that makes it look like a third. :)

maplin get worse and worse all the ttime i still use them sometimes for conviniance but thier range is terrible.

whats printed on that capacitor?

I've managed to find one at RS which is more or less identical.

Important details on the capacity is the same such 450v 35uf etc and its wired for a motor.

Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow and see how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back