Where can I get these ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen them from time to time and now I have one in captivity! Never seen them in wholesalers etc.......
Its a clamp/link that allows you to connect two metal back boxes together. In this picture there's a double box connected to a single (eg for a fused spur in a kitchen.)

I know that you can get ready made 2Gang + 1gang boxes (from Deta etc) but i'm particularly interested in these gizmos......

Any idea where they can be bought??

Sponsored Links
would this item solve the problem of getting two boxes right next to each other perfectly level ?

Thanks Spark. And I though I knew the TLC catalogue backwards - stoopid Taylor :oops:

and
would this item solve the problem of getting two boxes right next to each other perfectly level ?
exactly the reason for the query....

Sponsored Links
Does the centre bit remain proud ?

If so then the boxes will have to be set deeper, or do you take it off after the plasterers has been round ?

37000_36058_6643_74907788_thumb.jpg

Yes but beware when your customer decides half way though the job that they want flat plate accessories. Aside from the boxes being only just deep enough -the flat plates overlap! GRRR

Yes, I've been caught out on that with the dual boxes.
TLC state these only good for standard white plastic accessories.

Dexion.

A bit more work, but makes sure the boxes are level, and you can space them as far apart as you like.

I've never thought to compare - do all boxes have the KOs in the same places, even if of different makes?

Think they can vary in distance between the knockouts on the sides and the top/bottom on the single boxes, if you have two of the same make which you probably will have if doing an installation job then it shouldn't be a problem.

Even same makes are sometimes different distance from the corner owing to the space for the earth term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back