Where can I get one of these?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20160830_114650185.jpg
Hi.

I need a connector from a radiator to central heating pipework.
The connector seems to have a built in "olive".
I have tried a connector where the olive is seperate and it doesn't work as it causes the valve to leak.
Anyone know who might supply an original replacement connector? or have any suggestions for a fix?

Cheers.

IMG_20160824_132828420.jpg

Sponsored Links
won't be a built in olive - just put some ptfe in front ( rad side) of the olive . They are all loose olives;)

As above. They're all the same size - it's the installer that's caused the leak rather than the change of fitting!

Sponsored Links
There called radiator tails
1/2" x 15 mm
Just buy cheap radiator valves if you need the tails
It's nothing special you get them everywhere, standard radiator tail.

The threaded 1/2" end put about 15 turns of Ptfe on and tighten into rad. And put couple turns on olive
Trick is when you've screwed onto rad , put rad valve onto it and knock it on sideways
That way valve is seated correctly

Ok?

There called radiator tails
1/2" x 15 mm
Just buy cheap radiator valves if you need the tails
It's nothing special you get them everywhere, standard radiator tail.

The threaded 1/2" end put about 15 turns of Ptfe on and tighten into rad. And put couple turns on olive
Trick is when you've screwed onto rad , put rad valve onto it and knock it on sideways
That way valve is seated correctly

Ok?

Funny you should say 15 wraps of ptfe cos that's the exact number I use. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back