Where can I get the correct new capacitor for my boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need a new capacitor for my boiler but I couldn't find the exact same one when looking online could someone help me out please and send me a link to the correct replacement part many thanks.

Boiler Is Camray Quartet with Riello 40 Burner 90/110 serial number 961207390

The capacitor currently in there is:

Sintex 45T B2 C5 4

4uF

AC 450V A 25/85/21
AC 475V B 25/85/21
AC 500V C 25/85/21

50/60Hz

EN 50252-1

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The really important bit is that its 4uf, but the mounting method and wire attachment could be variable.
Have a look at www.heating-parts.co.uk for useful pics, but the actual component will be available from outlets such as partscenter.
John :)

The really important bit is that its 4uf, but the mounting method and wire attachment could be variable.
Have a look at www.heating-parts.co.uk for useful pics, but the actual component will be available from outlets such as partscenter.

Thanks for the prompt reply John.

I had a look at www.heating-parts.co.uk

My capacitor looks like this one:

[url]http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/Product.asp?Prd=266460
[/url]

Threaded at one end and two long white cables at the other.

I couldn't see a 4uF one on their site when searching for capacitors?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Hi Again

I just found this one:

www.buyplumbingonline.co.uk/products/Riello-capacitor-4.0uf-3005798-(-RBS40-).html

Would that be OK?

Thanks

If that looks like the same as yours, then go for it!

Thanks to burnerman and oilboffin for their replies.

I sourced the capacitor in the end from this company:

www.buyplumbingonline.co.uk

Although I actually bought it from their ebay shop:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/buyplumbingonline?_trksid=p2047675.l2559[url][/url]

As it was quite a bit cheaper (weird) £9.63 with free next day delivery too.

Very helpful customer service on the phone.

BTW I have no affiliation at all to this company.

Anyway on to my question, as I was having increasingly frequent lockout problems I thought I'd change the capacitor as it's cheap and easy but when I went to unscrew the old one I noticed it was quite loose and not fully tight so I simply tightened it and now no more lockouts (touch wood).

Is that just co-incidence or would that have been the source of my problem?

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Coincidence; As long as the electrical connections are tight, the mounting screw is of no consequence.
Nuisance lockouts are down to failure in the flame sensing system, and the only time the capacitor comes into question is if it fails to 'kick' the motor into action. More likely to be fuel supply problem or photocell. How long since the last service? Nozzle change? Filter cleaning or replacement?

Coincidence; As long as the electrical connections are tight, the mounting screw is of no consequence.
Nuisance lockouts are down to failure in the flame sensing system, and the only time the capacitor comes into question is if it fails to 'kick' the motor into action. More likely to be fuel supply problem or photocell. How long since the last service? Nozzle change? Filter cleaning or replacement?

The problem started around February this year but was pretty infrequent so I just pressed the reset button. It does appear to be a case of the motor not starting i.e. the room stat kicks in but nothing happens on the boiler no fan noise etc just straight to lockout.

It started happening about 3 times a week about a fortnight ago so I decided to bring forward my annual service hoping that would cure the problem and I did mention it to the heating engineer.

He said it would be better to wait until it breaks down as it's easier to solve that way.

The day after he serviced it, it locked out again :(

That's when I decided to source a new capacitor (I had the same problem before a few years back) but like I said after going to replace it I noticed it was loose and it hasn't locked out since.

It's only done it that once since the service.

Obviously I can't be certain but the engineer appeared to do a thorough service (he was here and busy for nearly 2 hours)

If motor does not start, then capacitor is suspect. However, it may also be worn motor bearings or flat spot on the windings, or a sticky fuel pump.
If you have replaced the capacitor and still kept the same motor and pump, then these must be suspect. Without dismantling the pump/motor assembly, it isn't really possible to be more precise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back