Where do I begin!!

I agree coljack see it all the time during inspection and testing. Not illegal, just stupid. But before touching any bare wires the competent electrician proves it's dead first every time.

Sponsored Links
This makes me so mad, work is so hard to find for plumbers at the moment and there are many excellent plumbers/gas fitters in Yorkshire who do an absolutly first class job who are sat at home their twiddling their thumbs while ignorant cowboys like this land a nice big job installing a bathroom and central heating system.

It sounds like he has zero pride in his work and just rushes everything.

what was his tiling like?

How on earth did you find this cowboy?

Can you upload pictures?

the op went for the cheapest quote, not even gas safe registered!

He got what he deserves. :LOL:

the op went for the cheapest quote, not even gas safe registered! He got what he deserves. :LOL:
Logical conclusion, but no price or number of quotes have been mentioned. No, I don't think you are wrong, just benefit of the doubt.

Sponsored Links
the op went for the cheapest quote, not even gas safe registered!

He got what he deserves. :LOL:

Totally incorrect....I was told that he was registered and I have to say that this was NOT the cheapest quote. There are many a rogue trader out there and this one is clever, advertising in the Yellow pages and using a gas safe number that has the same initials in the same town as his business. It is only through an immense amount of phone calls that this idiot has come to light as a fraud. In future, perhaps assumptions are not made before replying. If you read the original post then you will note that not once did I mention the overall cost of this work but only made reference to a cash deposit made!

Thankyou to everyone else for their replys.

Did you see the deleted posts :eek:

No! Which deleted posts.

Upshot of today is that the Gas Safe Registers own Inspector has been round and classed the boiler as immediately dangerous. Subsequently he has turned and capped the gas of so the boiler cannot be used. Also he intends to contact this cowboy and pass all his investigations onto Trading Standards. The cowboy in question is now going to be asked to remove his advert from the Yellow pages as this is misleading and implies that he is qualified to fit gas central heating.

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the update, I take it that his advert is on yell.com and not the book?

If it is the book then what was his name?

Name and shame him. :LOL:

How are you going to remove your add from yellow pages, big black felt marker and knock on a couple of hundred thousand doors?

He does deserve to get his hide nailed to the wall though.

How are you going to remove your add from yellow pages, big black felt marker and knock on a couple of hundred thousand doors?

He does deserve to get his hide nailed to the wall though.

I am told by the Yellow pages that any amendments to be made to the pages have to be submitted by the 17th of this month. Not sure if he's in the paper copy but an advert can be found on Yell.com.

I am also told by the Gas Safe inspector that as he is not registered to work on gas it is simply no excuse under their regulations to claim that he has fitted the central heating but let a registered gas fitter connect the gas. Under their current legislation if you are not Gas safe registered then you should not be touching any part of it.

I had just had a phone call from the gas safe inspector who has spoken to the guy in question....he has admitted to fitting the central heating/boiler etc but claims that the company who's number he provided me with connected the gas. The gas safe inspector then contacted this other company who are Gas safe registered and he has claimed that he supervised the instillation throughout (which he did not). As silly as this is it now means that he has implicated himself for serious redress and the gas safe inspector is going to contact him again tomorrow after he has had time to think about the consequences in doing this.

This is all giving me a serious headache......and I haven't even spoken to Trading standards yet who will be contacting me later this week.

It might be a bit of a drag, but with the input of GSR and trading standards, at least you have a good chance of ending up with a safe and properly working heating system and bathroom without extensive extra outlay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back