Where does Winnie the.. go?

Sponsored Links
Right, now then swidders, do you think that condensate will be a major environmental danger in the future?

Sponsored Links
Your new jacket has arrived Mr swidders...

halloween-straight-jacket.jpg

It will most definitely suffice!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think my own condensate may be harmful to the environment :oops:

Depends upon the watercourse receiving the condensate, and the nature of the condensate. If its a tiny stream, then the impact will be significent if its very different from the composition of the condensate. And of course the volume of what you are discharging is also a factor.

So for example, I've seen a discharge of pH1.5 go into a major river from a factory, and no one blinked an eye, as the impact was insignificent. No other discharges in the area were like that, and so it didn't have any real impact as the quantity was not enough to have an impact.

If it had been a small stream, it would never have been allowed.

Some water bodies are of course more sensitive than others.

If its going to a sewage works, you'll have to speak to your water company, but again, it may come down to dilution.

Thanks for you thoughts on this. Does anyone know how much condensate a boiler produces over a given time frame?

Confucious once said (in a different context, it's true, but I think you'll understand my point) "A thousand rivers flow into the sea, but the sea is never full..."

How many boilers are releasing their condensate into sewer works etc ? These tiny trickles may well add up, just like any river or stream comes from tiny sources.

Sponsored Links
Back