Where is the bleed valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 25/32 that ran out of oil. Boiler needs to be re-started, plumber can't get here until Monday and I'm stuck! I know I need to turn the bleed valve, but I can't find it! Can anybody tell me where it is please! Desperate....

Sponsored Links
Follow the oil line until it reaches the boiler, there it will connect to the pump. The bleed valve should generally be quite accessible. The bleed valve is usually opened with an Allen key. It should be somewhere on the pump itself. Be careful it's not the damper though.

I've never worked on one of those boilers, so either wait until someone can show you exactly or look online at a service manual from the manufacturer.

Can you access the flexible oil pipe, where it enters the burner oil pump?
Crack the joint open and remove the air from there and try again.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Could you upload a photo?

If not try a google image search for that boiler.

Try undoing the plug on the pump marked 'P' and going for a start......don't remove it though!
The P port is where a pressure gauge is screwed in for testing - don't touch any of the others!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back