Where to buy a replacement bleed valve/nipple?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a rounded off bleed valve in one of my radiators. It is the type where the bleeding part is built into the radiator, bleed valve on the back.

I am trying to find a replacement before I try to remove it. The ones in BandQ don't match.

I have tried my local diy and had a brief look on the net. Any ideas where I would be able to buy another?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If it comes to a new radiator you could go to your local scrappy. That's where the old radiators end up.

The first thing to do is take the rad off the wall; clearly you need to close both valves first.

That done, you can get to work on the rad calmly and easily.

If you can't find a replacement then you'll have to drill and tap a new hole for a new vent. Failing that, as gavinda has said, you'll need a new rad.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses guys, taking it off to work on it is a good idea. I think I will wait until summer as there is not pressing need to do it right away.

No known suppliers of rad nipple replacements?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back