Radiator bleed nipple sheared...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

A fairly simple question I hope. Hands up here, I over tightened the bleed nipple on the radiator a couple of years back. It has got to the point where I need to do some thing about it as one one side of the double rad is full of air. It has a bleed nipple of either side so the other is fine. I have tried to score in a groove but to no avail. Can I simple undo the nut in the picture to bleed?

image-1.jpg

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
TPH001.jpg

Different sizes available, but yes, you could slacken it to bleed the radiator.

if you can get the bleed screw out then just replace that if not replace the lot

Sponsored Links
Did you ever get this fixed?? i've got one thats sheared and cant find a replacement for it.... bolt head is 11mm, n thread is about 7mm... any idea's where I can get a replacement??
Cheers
Cluffy

That tapping is about a 1/16 and so far me or anyone else that uses our plumbcentre has been able to locate replacements.

Its off an old centre brand rad from plumbcentre

if your not bleeding it that often just loosen the actual nut a bit that will allow air out and they very rarely weep when done back up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back