Where to buy bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Online, B&q. ? Showrooms seem expensive. I know you get what you pay for, but are the cheaper options ok? What do I avoid?

Sponsored Links
Online - masses of cheap, badly made and badly designed stuff with little or no spares available.

B&Q - majority of the stuff is made down to a price.

Go to a decent independent plumbers merchant, buy branded products and find somebody who knows what they are doing to fit them.

Betterbathrooms.com sell tat.

I got a shower off them, the valve itself seems ok but the heads, arms and fittings are all nasty plastic.

They delivered a bath in a box that looked to have been dragged along the M62. Quick peep into the box and I could see it was damaged.

Engage with a plumber you know or get recommendations

Go from there...

Sponsored Links
Depends entirely on what you want.

It's a toss up between spending more money on good quality fittings and fixtures with the knowledge that later down the line you have support network for them and therefore no need to replacing them making the bathroom serviceable for the foreseeable future without needing to replace complete fixtures

Or .....

can you be bothered replacing the whole fitting in 3-5 years when its parts start to fail and replacement components aren't available.

To be honest bathrooms can really be designed in such a modular way these days due to the breadth of fitting design, that replacing whole fittings can be relatively straightforward but again it's down to what you want as a customer.

Can you be bothered with the hassle of replacing the complete cheaper fittings & fixtures sooner or the easier, possibly cheaper servicing route of the more expensive fittings, when they start to deteriorate.

As mentioned buy branded products,for baths my first choice is carronite then Carron (uk made,well in scotland) They are more expensive than imports from china but quality comes at a price.
If your buying online from the numerous importing agents consider buying spares same time as the bath suite(although spares often very very expensive) as often spares wont be available in 5 years time.
Wickes,b&q and many other type of places,at least you can see and have a feel of the goods before purchase,often unbranded but you have seen the product.

Although not advertising i Get my baths and other items from this company https://www.soakology.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back