Where to buy fittings and pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am about to replace an old microbore system with new plastic 22mm & 15mm pipes. I am planning to use compression fittings as I have had 2 failed pushfits on the bathroom water pipes. This was perhaps an installation fault by the bathroom people and not a fitting fault themselves however I have no confidence in them and I am familiar with compression fittings on grease systems I fit at work.

I am curious where the best place to but the fittings and pipe is. I have always thought that B&Q were expensive however they seem cheaper than the PlumbCentre. For example, on the plumbcentre pricelist, a 15mm straight coupling is 1.44 plus vat, however a 15mm straight coupling at B&Q is 0.98 inc vat. Is this due to inferior fittings from B&Q? or are Plumbcentre overly expensive? Where is the cheapest place to buy?

pippo

Sponsored Links
depends how much stuff you want. you probably won't get good prices in plumb centre without being in the trade. Depending on how much you want, screwfix is good but usually comes in packs of 10 etc. Or you could try www.bes.co.uk.

Thanks mickyg

I have just ordered my kit with screwfix, saved 45 notes on plumbcentre and free delivery but i guess you are right, if i was a regular trader with plumbcentre i would probably get a discount. Unfortunately screwfix dont have a 700 high x 400 wide double convector radiator that i need for a small wall in the kitchen.

pippo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back