Where to buy catch for old iron gate (to front garden path).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot for the life of me track one down that's the correct design; I thought it was pretty standard, but apparently not.

Here's a crap drawing of what it should look like!

untitled7kq.jpg

The catch needs to project out from the wall opposite the hinges, and enable the gate to be opened in both directions.

Cannot find one though!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Ah, no. Sadly not.

It's for an iron gate, and the catch needs to project from the side wall towards the latch.

Here's another bad drawing...

untitled4vx1.jpg

I think I know what you want, but I don't know of anywhere that does them. You could try your local blacksmiths, yes.... they still exist... just.

Sponsored Links
You could always fix a 75mm square post to the wall and use a standard gate fitting, just the catch bit not the whole thing. These fittings are normally only supplied with the metal gates (looks like metal from the diagram), look for somebody who is disposing of them, the local tip is a good place to start in the metal container, if you have access to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back