Where to buy Celotex/Kingspan at sensible prices?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a load of celotex insulation, various thickness. Any suggestions where I can get this at a sesible price?

Cheers,

Steve

Sponsored Links
I was looking for the same recently Steve, and after a reasonable amount of time searching found that these appeared cheapest, but didn't have all of the sizes. I was interested in 55 or 65mm thick Celotex GA4000 2.4x1.2.
http://www.planetinsulation.co.uk/

I contacted them to see if they would supply the other sizes but (after having to proove that the 55mm existed) they couldn't be bothered. But you might have more luck with stocked sizes.

Other than that I will probably go to http://www.insulation-online.co.uk/ when I am ready. They have the size I need, and only a few pennies in it.

Not sure about the seconds stuff. It's a simple product, if there's any kind of difficiency it may not be doing what it's designed for. Perhaps Alastair could let us know if he has any experience buying from them?

Insulation costs very little to make and do they know how to bump up the prices. Years ago it was very cheap to buy, now one contact mentioned above in post 4 wants £42-00 for a 10 metre sq m2 roll. The average house takes 4 bags so thats £168-00 gone. Bags of Fibreglass 3 x roll packs almost certainly cost less than £2-00 to make. Years ago the poly bag another make came in cost more than the Rockwool / slag-wool inside it, or are we supposed to forget this. This news about the bag-price was told to me by the factory manager.

Sponsored Links
Insulation costs very little to make and do they know how to bump up the prices. Years ago it was very cheap to buy, now one contact mentioned above in post 4 wants £42-00 for a 10 metre sq m2 roll. The average house takes 4 bags so thats £168-00 gone. Bags of Fibreglass 3 x roll packs almost certainly cost less than £2-00 to make. Years ago the poly bag another make came in cost more than the Rockwool / slag-wool inside it, or are we supposed to forget this. This news about the bag-price was told to me by the factory manager.

the price of milk, huh, all you need is some grass, thats free, milk should be free

mad!

I have had two adverse comments indicating the writers are happy with current prices, well I'm not. Glass Fibre Insulation is made from broken glass and mostly discarded glass bottles, a waste product, its poured into a furnace to be melted then goes through a candy-floss machines where the molten-glass-fibre strands are pumped up with air. Its an automatic process with few staff, the blanket quilt in thrown onto a conveyor belt to be rolled flat and then bagged. Its so cheap to make its a pennies product. Yet they are charging crazy prices for it, Here's an good example B&Q sell it for £3-00 for a bag containing 3 rolls, grant aided, whilst Sheffield Insulation are asking £14, 60 vat for the same stuff. sold in another bag. This profiteering does no good and ruins the economy. People have limited incomes, if they spend £200 on insulation - then that's £200 less to spend elsewhere. If insulation was £100-00, they'd spend the other £100 saving on paint, flooring, or childrens clothes or food, thereby creating jobs. If people cannot see this then it's sad.

Here's an good example B&Q sell it for £3-00 for a bag containing 3 rolls, grant aided, whilst Sheffield Insulation are asking £14, 60 vat for the same stuff.
Obviously stuff which is price-subsidised is going to be cheaper.

I suggest you buy the cheap subsidised stuff and stop whining.

I have had two adverse comments indicating the writers are happy with current prices, well I'm not. Glass Fibre Insulation is made from broken glass and mostly discarded glass bottles, a waste product, its poured into a furnace to be melted then goes through a candy-floss machines where the molten-glass-fibre strands are pumped up with air. Its an automatic process with few staff, the blanket quilt in thrown onto a conveyor belt to be rolled flat and then bagged. Its so cheap to make its a pennies product. Yet they are charging crazy prices for it, Here's an good example B&Q sell it for £3-00 for a bag containing 3 rolls, grant aided, whilst Sheffield Insulation are asking £14, 60 vat for the same stuff. sold in another bag. This profiteering does no good and ruins the economy. People have limited incomes, if they spend £200 on insulation - then that's £200 less to spend elsewhere. If insulation was £100-00, they'd spend the other £100 saving on paint, flooring, or childrens clothes or food, thereby creating jobs. If people cannot see this then it's sad.

is the cost of the plant to produce the item "pennies" or the lorry to deliver the raw materials or the power to run the furnace or the ...............you get the idea yet?

no doubt you want paying to operate the machine and thats more than "pennies"

Insulation costs very little to make......... Years ago it was very cheap to buy
No it was not.

Foam board insulation has always been relatively expensive.

I have no idea what it costs to produce glass wool or mineral wool insulation but i would imagine a large part of the cost is providing the heat energy needed to produce the stuff.

Once you factor in packaging and transport then i guess £14 is about right.

I however will continue to shop at B&Q and buy it as cheap as chips.

You are becoming a bit of a whinger TRUSTME or should that be MUTTERS.

Insulation costs very little to make......... Years ago it was very cheap to buy
No it was not. And You are becoming a bit of a whinger TRUSTME or should that be MUTTERS.

Your right, 100% per cent right. I am seriously ill, the hospital have cancelled four appointments for an injection which will alleviate my symptons.
In between each appointment is a gap of 3 months, so I have suffered for 4 x 3 + 12 months because the Doctor cannot find time to fit me in. He is only allowed to see 20 patients a day, 10 in the morning, 10 in the afternoon. He earns £200 000-00 a year, and it takes 5 minutes to inject me. Now maybe you can see why I'm turning into a moaner. 5 minutes of he's time- or feel ill for the next 3 months! And this is happpening all over the UK.

Your right, 100% per cent right. I am seriously ill, the hospital have cancelled four appointments for an injection which will alleviate my symptons.
In between each appointment is a gap of 3 months, so I have suffered for 4 x 3 + 12 months because the Doctor cannot find time to fit me in. He is only allowed to see 20 patients a day, 10 in the morning, 10 in the afternoon. He earns £200 000-00 a year, and it takes 5 minutes to inject me. Now maybe you can see why I'm turning into a moaner. 5 minutes of he's time- or feel ill for the next 3 months! And this is happpening all over the UK.

two out of these three "facts" are simply not true

Going back to the original question.
I agree with Alastir Read, try seconds and co, they deliver nationwide, and you can inspect the boards etc before paying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back