Where to buy internal doors

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my flimsy hollow 1950s internal doors with oak veneer.
Assuming the rights sizes are stocked, which supplier(s) do you recommend - Howdens, Jewsons, TP, Selco?
Thanks
Mary

Sponsored Links
Howdens do a good range of internal doors including oak veneer

Blup

Sponsored Links
A client recently had doors delivered by Todds Doors whilst I was working at his place.

I volunteered to help the driver carry them in.

Every door had gouges in them. I told the driver that I would sign his delivery note with an amendment to mention the scratches.

Fortunately they were pre-primed rather than solid or veneered. Nevertheless though the driver insisted that "we" (he and I) must have damaged them carrying them in. The bloke was so thick that he then pointed to a brick pillar that we had walked past- I explained that there was no evidence of primer on the pillar...

It is a shame though, Todds Doors are close to where I live but if he is representative of their drivers, I might use Howdens instead.

Oh, and unless you have an account with Travis Perkins, they are expensive.

Briiliant, thank you Opps, SFK and blup.
FYI, my local Howdens has an offer on at the moment: 3 for price of 2 if you buy all the ironwrok with them.
Will have to ask them if I can order now but get deliver late Dec. My chippy can't fit them till 2nd Jan!

err - ironwrok = door handle with attitude

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back