Where to buy truss?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a flat roof garage 5x3m garage where the roof is rotten - I am thinking of a very shallow pitch roof with low weight tiles or similar - other posts say its cheaper to buy ready made truss rather than make them, but all suppliers seem geared to houses.

Any ideas where to search before I build my own?

Sponsored Links
Pasquill are national, have a branch in Chorely and are cheap with good service.

I doubt trusses will be cheaper for a garage as the savings are in the labour not materials, and there is not much labour involved in a garage roof.

Thanks for the replies I only found one of those previously.
I was looking to save time to be honest, but as woody says prefabricated costs will break the budget on a garage, I think I will have to concede and sacrifice the time to making my own.

Sponsored Links
http://www.sandersonsfrt.co.uk/ In Rochdale quoted me £475 for mine.

I ended up making my own, the timber cost £250 and it took me and a mate about 3 days to make it.

I'd say there isn't much in it cost wise, but if I did it again I'd get the truss's.

Do you actually need trusses for a garage?
No you don't, but as IanH put for a further £225 on top of the material saves a ton of work and you have something substantial that will last probably my lifetime.
Rather do a job once!

But the suppliers are not being that generous at the moment :( still working on it

I
No you don't, but as IanH put for a further £225 on top of the material saves a ton of work and you have something substantial that will last probably my lifetime.
Rather do a job once!

But the suppliers are not being that generous at the moment :( still working on it
I dont think Ian H did a garage.

For a small garage, you will be able to cut and fix the timbers in just as quick a time as erecting and bracing trusses. Its one days work either way, and then you still have to form the fascias and soffits etc

You've not mentioned what type of roof, but if this is an attached garage with a mono-pitched roof, then a cut roof will actually be easier.

Its a detached garage 3m x 5m brick wall from 1930s - fairly standard with a dual-pitched roof, and as purchased trusses are proving costly I agree Woody, its looking like rafter, ridge collar for support, undecided on the final finish but it will be some form of sheet (corotile or similar) so no massive weights to be concerned with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back