Where to cap off this shower please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm ripping out the shower cubicle in my en-suite before the bathroom fitter comes next week. I know that the cold water feed comes directly from the header tank in the loft (shown as the black line) and the hot water comes from the bathroom adjacent. I'm going to be putting up some stud work and closing off this shower to make the other bathroom bigger.

Where would be the best place to cap off both these pipes? I won't have the cash to complete the other bathroom for a while so I was thinking of capping the cold off at the exit from the header tank and then the hot water at a point under the skirting that can be easily accessible from the adjacent bathroom.
IMG_7795.jpg

Sponsored Links
It should be removed for water regulations, however they do allow a cap to be fitted if this isn’t practicable, and this needs to be no more than twice the diameter of the pipe, so 30mm for a 15mm pipe.

Thanks,
There’s a gate valve from the header tank. Can I simply close this, leave a few inches of pipe and fit a John Guest end cap?
What would be the ‘proper’ way to do it?

Sponsored Links
Do you intend at a later date to re-use these pipes? If so, then just cap the gate valve end with a one piece cap, if you’re not using them again, then this would create stagnant water and needs to be removed properly. Don’t leave it too long before using them though (30 days iirc or turnover the water).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back