Where to find little red plastic window lock keys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

Just moved into a house with lots of windows (wooden) and only one key - see pics.

Can anyone ID the key and advise where I might find some more, please?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'll give it a go - they're white plastic, although we did have some in brown plastic at our previous house - same design, same crappy key!

Ok, I've added a pic of the lock to my album - url as per previous posts.

Hope someone recognises the lock and key and can help - it's a puzzle.

Thanks to all.

Hello--I was amazed when I typed red plastic window key into Google and this site came up! I too, have only one of these blinking keys--I have searched all over the internet, and indeed, all over various shops in Scotland, where I live, attempting to find some more. The major window key replacement site on the net has told me that they can't source this particular key. I would truly love to get some more of them--my husband has even tried modifying a pen cap in an attempt to replicate the thing! Any help greatly appreciated.

I haven't come across this particular lock, but I assume it's securing a sliding sash window. If I were you, I'd save a lot of hassle and replace them with some decent models.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the house is rented so don't really want to have to replace 20-30 window locks at own expense and I don't think our landlord is keen either, which is why he's included the only window key on the inventory!!

Then place the onus back on the landlord to either supply more keys, or replace them. I'm sure you could state a case for it being a fire/safety hazard if you have to runa round the house to find the only key to open a window in an emergency - particularly if you happen to be upstairs and the downstairs is ablaze - with the key in the kitchen!. If he suggets leaving the window open, then its a security risk, and may invalidate your contents insurance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back