Where to find replacement screws?

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need replacement screws for my shower screen. How do I go about buying new ones?

Our shower screen is one of those ones that slides in and out. But the sliding track mechanism has become rough and difficult to slide. I would like to remove the doors so that i can give it a good clean. But the screws are impossible to unscrew, and I've now damaged the head and given up, because ... if I do now eventually get the screws out, I have nothing to put back in!

So ... how do I go about finding replacement screws? I have no idea of the manufacturer or retailer of the shower screen.

Sponsored Links
r_c, good evening.

If possible can you upload several digital images of the Screws in question??

Someone somewhere may recognise the make and get you out of a tight spot?

Ken

You just want pan headed stainless stell screws. At the end of the day, it's normally an aluminum frame, so it'll be easy to screw into.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
Sponsored Links
Maybe treat your self to a new shower screen/enclosure.

New ones have nice free running rollers,it will seem like luxury.

The old shower glass gets brittle and easily broken (been there !) so be v careful,

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
Maybe treat your self to a new shower screen/enclosure.
Actually that is the plan for the long run (you can probably see how scratched up the metal channel is). Until I do that I was hoping it would be quicker to make the guide a bit smoother ... but at my slow work rate I might be replacing before I can find replacement screws. Thanks for the warning about brittle glass - I did not know that.

Looks like you could get some grips on the screw head to get it out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back