Where to get a short bit of flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a flue down the chimney for a woodburner. Before I invest hundreds in an expensive bit of flue I would like to try and fit a short bit of 6" flue down to check that it will fit. I thought I had struck gold when I found a bit of gas flue in a skip but alas it is 5".

Does anyone know where I could get a 1m (ish) bit of 6" flue locally to Bath.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Sponsored Links
Are you planning on pulling it through chimney with a rope or something.

Not the greatest of idea`s if it goes half way down and gets stuck (and believe me they jam solid) you may have to chop into chimney to free it

I was planning on pulling it through from top to bottom. I would attach a rope to the top as well incase I needed to pull it back up.

Is it not better to try with a test bit for a small amount of money/time than to buy a full length only to find it wont fit? A small bit stuck vs a large length stuck is still stuck, only with the long but it costs more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back